Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The entire team at Shipp Family Dentistry believes in making sure your time with us is as relaxing and comfortable as possible. We strive to provide every member of your family with an atmosphere where they are comfortable asking questions and learning about taking care of their oral health.
We firmly believe that good oral health is important for the well-being of the entire body. Our mission is to provide our patients with a quality atmosphere where they can learn about taking care of their oral health and enjoy a lifetime of healthy smiles.
Columbus, MS dentist Dr. Patrick Shipp enjoys educating his patients and talking about how they can best take care of their oral health. We never want you to feel rushed; instead, we want to make sure your questions are answered so you fully understand why specific treatments might be recommended.
Some of the questions you have may already have been asked by other patients. We’ve compiled a list of those questions here, for your convenience. If you have questions that are not answered here, we invite you to give us a call or bring them to your appointment. Don’t worry about your question sounding silly; the only silly question is the one that goes unasked!
- What will my treatment cost and will my insurance cover it?
- Do you accept my insurance?
- How soon should I take my child to the dentist?
- How often do I need to see the dentist?
- Why do I need treatment if my tooth doesn’t hurt?
- Why do I need a dental crown?
- Which cosmetic treatment is right for me?
- Do you offer emergency services?
- Do you make same-day appointments?
- How soon can you see me if it's an emergency?
- I lost a filling. How do I know if it’s an emergency?
- I cracked a tooth. How do I know if it's an emergency?
- I’m missing some teeth. What is the best way to replace them?
- What’s the difference between a bridge and an implant?
- How long does it take to get a dental implant?
- Why do dental implants cost more than other replacement options?