Do you have young children in Columbus, MS? If so, they need to visit the dentist just like every other member of your family.
Children have specific dental needs, and their treatment should be different from the treatment adults receive. Pediatric dental patients are in a unique situation because they have to care for a set of teeth while also preparing to lose those teeth and welcome new ones eventually.
Your child will benefit from having the specific expertise of a pediatric dentist and a treatment team who genuinely loves working with children.
A Caring Pediatric Dentist in Columbus, MS
At Shipp Dentistry, we encourage our patients to bring every member of their family in for dental treatment. We can start treating your children as soon as they receive their first baby tooth, which will typically happen somewhere around their first birthday.
Dr. Shipp will provide gentle dentistry and teach your child effective dental habits like brushing and flossing. We can also apply dental sealants to your child’s molars and administer fluoride rinses for an added layer of protection.
Our pediatric dentist will:
- Monitor the growth of your child’s baby teeth
- Examine their smile for early signs of cavities and baby bottle tooth decay
- Recommend healthy snack and beverage options to support your child’s dental health
- Take dental x-rays as needed to get a better visual understanding of your child’s smile
- Discuss options for orthodontic treatment, especially when there are signs of overcrowding or underbite
Our Columbus dental team will help prepare your child for a lifetime of excellent oral hygiene habits. The foundation for a healthy smile begins in childhood!
Schedule Your Child’s Pediatric Dental Appointment
When your child needs to see a pediatric dentist in Columbus, Dr. Patrick Shipp is ready and waiting to help. Give our dental practice a call at (662) 329-3431 today!